Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm just protecting myself


When you decided to leave
The one I dearly adore
The words I dared to believe
They don't mean anything anymore

The hurt the pain it cuts deep
I was bleeding, my head spinning
Felt like spending all day in sleep
Was numb till no more feeling

Now you say you miss me
And you want me back
For how long, there's no guarantee
Before you take it all back

I'm not a plastic bag
Reusable, disposable, recyclable
I'm tired, I raise a white flag
Too drained to listen to a new fable

To you, what is love?
Just a word thrown in the wind
I'm gonna rise above
The stupid voice within

That's telling me how much I care
And how much I still want you
I'm not taking this foolish dare
I'm gonna close my eyes and bid you adieu

You broke my heart and broke my trust
All the defences I let down
Put them up again I must
Or else in your hands I will drown

Maybe if you search hard enough and find the lock
To open the door of the heart I'm closing
You might get past this block
But not now, not for the time being

The broken pieces I pick
Of this wounded heart
Slowly back together they'll stick
It'll be my work of art

No comments: