Friday, January 30, 2009

There is no need to hide

There is no need to hide behind a veil of bombastic words, no need to hide behind a mask of pompousness, for sometimes the best things are the simplest.

We are all impressed by the flowery words, but when one digs deeper, the true colours start to show, and the flowers fade away. I see what I should have seen before, and yet I did not. It's always too late to go back and change the past, but it's never too late to change what comes next.

I'm trying to ignore the cringing that comes with reflection.

On a lighter note, happy chinese new year. =) I learnt that there were more kinds of nian gao than that you find here in Malaysia. Apparently there is a kind thats like noodles (shanghai nian gao) and also a kind made of coconut milk.

In a month's time, I'll be heading off to Sydney to start a whole new chapter of my life. I will miss KL so much, especially those people that made these near 3 years the best years of my life yet. I'll be flying back to KL after this short break to complete exams, then there is the trip to Penang to look forward too. Closing this chapter in my life is going to be a little hard. I am definitely looking forward to going into a new frontier, but at the same time a bit reluctant to leave the current.

What new horizons awaits me, I can only guess.

No comments: