Sunday, October 11, 2009

Personality


I don't care how you look
I don't care how you dress
I don't care how much money you have
I don't care how influential your family is
I don't care if you have a car or a nice house
I don't care about any of these

I want to know what kind of person you are
How you treat the people around you
How you talk to your friends
The things that you treasure
Your hopes and dreams
Your thoughts

Whether you do things for others because you care
Whether you are interested in people because of who they are not what they are
Whether you will sacrifice your time to help the people dear to you
Whether you will go out on your way to make someone who means something feel special
Whether you are nice not just to be courteous but because you are sincere
Whether you take that initiative to try and understand someone else instead of only looking from your own perspective

I care about people for their character.
I don't care about material goods.
I don't care about physical attraction.
I don't care about anything else really but who the person is.

If you cannot understand that then leave.
Since that is what I care about, I expect at least SOME people to think the same way.
If you only care about other stuff then I feel really sorry for your shallowness.
For I am much deeper than that.

And just a note, I am an independent person with a mind of my own so don't try to dictate how I think and what I do because that is an insult to my intelligence.

No comments: