Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Depressed


The waves come crashing over me. Over and over again as I struggle to stand. When I finally do, the next wave knocks me down again. I am tired. I try so hard to fight this, but the forces are pushing me against my dwindling strength.

The water keeps choking me, I'm drowning, struggling, gasping as the liquid fills my lungs, overwhelmed. My mind goes blank, my heart pumps faster. I feel helpless.

The pounding of warm water against skin, dripping down the strands of wet hair, crouching in a foetal-like position. Sobbing so hard, the ends of my fingers are numb, the edges of my lips are quivering.

I feel so small. So lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesnt seem to me that such quality work could come from someone who is depressed.....i bet my writing is no where near yours when i am depressed.lol...cheers pal