Monday, November 24, 2008

Envy

Ever held on so tightly only to realise that there is nothing left in your hands? Like wisps of ghostly mist, gone, leaving only a lingering trace of memory. It's like how the scent of a scented candles stays even after its spent out, but we all know that after the flame dies out, soon the scent will too.

As I wrote, I was asked why? And I brushed it off. But I know there is more beyond the words. Read between the lines. It was true. All that was true. Words don't die over time. Guess I just wanted a moment of that smile. Even if I can't see it, I knew its there. Even if its just a typed smile, I know its mirrors the real one. For a moment attention, for a moment a rush of warmth, for a moment a thought. Just for a moment. Thank you for giving me that. =) Thank you for letting me know.

I've gotten the moment. Now it's back to living my life as I know it.


Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, I was told by a friend once.

Leave, you deadly sin. LEAVE. Don't come creeping up on me when I am at all smiles.

No comments: