Monday, November 17, 2008

The rising moon

Have you ever noticed how much larger the moon is just as it it rising or setting as compared to when it is high up in the sky? I was walking back a few hours ago and I noticed the almost-full moon hovering 45 degrees from the horizon. The colour was an intense yellow, the shadows so much more noticeable than usual. The darker clouds, roughly a V shape framing the glowing circle above, against a lighter background of the sky and a darker silhouette of trees in front gave an amazing 3D effect of layers upon layers, playing with light and dark and shadows. The moon seem to be glorified and everything surrounding it seemed so unified and beautiful. I thought of taking out my camera out once I got back to my room, but I forgot about it till now, when it is too late to capture that perfect picture of nature in its most wondrous settings.

I have to get up in 3 hours for a full day of classes so I'd better head off to bed now.

No comments: