Friday, July 17, 2009

Training


Yesterday and today I have been training as a receptionist at the sleep and heart clinic in Ashfield. It takes me an hour to commute here, so it's very far. I'm here right now, on lunch break. I'm also damn nervous because my role requires me to speak mandarin to patients who cannot speak english. I have never had to speak mandarin for an official matter, so even though I am now able to carry a conversation in mandarin, it still scares me to pick up the phone and speak on behalf of a company... in chinese!!!!

They won't hire me unless I can do this. Can I? Tarc friends, this is what talking to you in mandarin has prepared me for LOL.

I should be able to.... sigh. Tell me that I can. Give me the confidence that I need. I confirmed two patients just now in mandarin. I thought I wouldn't be able to do that, but they were really grandmotherly haha and it went well. :) I CAN DO THIS!!!!

I will be left on my own tomorrow. Hope that all goes well.

Uni starts next week. I have only two classes on though. It would probably be good to be back. I am so broke I cannot afford to go out anymore.

I hope the study skills thing goes well and I will be hired to take some classes. It would really help me, and I know i'll enjoy it. OET is hiring me for the next one day test event, so everything is going well I hope.

I had a good winter break, I actually had a lot of fun, ate a lot of good food and went out a lot. =) Would post some pictures up when I have them. My camera has very bad mood swings (will only switch on when it feels like being nice to me).

I am also learning to let go. Shouldn't matter that you're now thinking of someone else. Shouldn't matter. Shouldn't. Doesn't.

I'll just keep myself busy. All is well.

No comments: