Friday, May 16, 2008

11th May 2008 - Day 6 - 12 May 2008 Arrival in KL -- Fastest time ever (least number of hours) for two days

Last day in London. Well, not actually a whole day. Basically I woke up and flew back to Malaysia. I was so paranoid about waking up late and missing the plane that I woke up in the middle of the night just to check the time. The funny thing was that my phone was still set to Malaysian time while my watch was London time, and it was my phone that was on the bed and the watch far far away on the table. It was too tiresome to walk all the way to the table to check my watch so I had to like do calculations in my head. "12.45pm minus 7" to get the time. It was so weird! Imagine me in my sleepy state doing math in my head just to know the time.

Goodbye Premier Inn.
The short stay was really very comfortable, even though it was difficult to get there.

Took a bus to the airport which was "right next to" the hotel. I got there early, despite my paranoid-ness. No I am not going to miss my flight, I breathe a sigh of relief after I checked in, problem-free. After checking in and going through security, I had to give up my sole bottle of drinking water, and even take off shoes for scanning! Then I shopped at a duty-free store and basically spent the rest of my allowance. I had so much left over from the days before, I was so proud of myself for spending so little in a city so tempting for shopping. Alas, with the duty free store + sourvenir store, the rest of my allowance was GONE. haha. I even got myself a T-shirt! Not one of those famous I heart London tho =p But a really unique (or at least I thought so, I might be deadly wrong) nice one with purple words "London" and "UK" sequined.

The souvenirs:
One of my more favourite ones =) Too lazy to post them all one by one.

All of them =)

Hanging around the airport stores, the signs and words on cigarette packets amused me. Perhaps since the TAK NAK campaign has failed back home, they should try something like this.


Goodbye Heathrow


Malaysia, I am coming back home.

Goodbye London (as seen from plane)

Took photos in the plane of the journey from London to Malaysia.
It was not a full flight, so I got a whole row to myself! I could curl up with a blanket and 3 pillows. =) It was so cool, they showed the map and the journey the plane takes as if flies from London to Malaysia. Suddenly, I was absolutely fascinated by the geography of it (very surprising, I remember being absolutely delighted to discard the subject after form 3 when it wasn't offered in my school for upper secondary).
It was due to meeting so many people from all over the world. I noticed the places that the rest came from as I flew over Europe and other parts of Asia. Suddenly, these foreign countries had faces linked to them, as I recalled new friends and new faces and new names to these countries. No longer is the world huge and strange and foreign.For once, I had truly and international experience, even though all I went to was one city for less than a week. Nothing more can be more invaluable and more enriching than this.
Flying over Europe

Now, have you ever seen rice shaped pasta? I haven't. Now I have =p Haha this was my lunch.

Dessert! What berries are these? I have never seen them b4 lol


Twilight came really quickly in the plane. I just woke up in the morning
not long ago, and now its dusk =p

Sunset from the plane. =)

Caspian sea! I want to watch Narnia!! =p

Finally my hands are starting to be steady. A clear photograph, no flash =)

And this is breakfast. Haha. Breakfast at dinner time London, breakfast time Malaysia.

Dawn came really fast too.

My batteries ran out just as I reached KL. Pity, couldn't get a sharp photo. Wanted a snapshot of KLIA as the last photo, but oh well. Note to the rest of you Malaysians: I never really appreciated it till now but KLIA is a really nice airport. Especially if you compare it to where I left from. =p

Home sweet home. I'm supposed to feel sleepy right now, but apparently, I don't get jet lag. Tried to close my eyes to sleep on the journey in the van back to the hostel but I couldn't sleep! Oh well, my eyes see the sun and I guess it told my body its not sleeping time!

Went back to the hostel. Unpacked. Washed clothes. Met brother for lunch then went off to look for Eric. Had to prepare for tomorrow's competition! It is now 12th May 2008. Young Entrepreneur's Awards finals tomorrow!!

No comments: