Saturday, May 24, 2008

Freaked out

I took a bus back today after being scared out of my wits by horror stories of people getting chopped up and raped and murdered by taxi drivers. After my heated encounter with one horrid, reckless driver who ripped me off by almost 100% the fare with his lousy played-with meter, I became a paranoid wreck. It doesn't help when everyone takes gleeful delight in filling me with those nasty tales. I was TERRIFIED when I came back today, late at night, alone. I don't know why, but the insides of me were just freaked out, and I somehow felt like I sensed a presence in the misty fog that enveloped the air. The footsteps were only mine, but it was like in the shadowy grey of the bushes at the sides of the road hid unspeakable horrors.

I had to walk the 20 minutes back to my room from where the bus stopped. The chill of the late night wind and the frogs croaking and the hum of insects as an aftermath of rain was like from the spooky scenes in a horror movie, that builds suspense to a more vengeful side of the evilness of the world. Moreover, the moon was almost fully round, and it was around sixty degrees from the horizon, either rising or setting, large and deep yellow, almost orange. The shadows on the moon could be seen clearly. The silhouettes of leaves and branches were cast on the walkway and spontaneously, my heart just started beating quicker than it usually would. I was scared of the late night sky, and the freakiness of the atmosphere. Suddenly a "WOOI!" out of nowhere making me jump! Damn, just some guys in a passing car.

I managed to reach my room safe and sound. In time for a midnight cold shower in the silent hostel bathroom with rows of empty cubicles and a row of large mirrors against the white sinks.

I know it's not sensible, it's psychological. I am typing all of this in the dark right now, as my roommate is sleeping. It's 2.16 am right now (disregard "time of post", I don't know what time they're using, its not msian time)

1 comment:

Hi I'm Jaziel said...

next time get a large laser light thingy and shine a big "J" into the sky.
jaziel will come to your rescue should any unspeakable horror's happen.

eventually.....