Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ipoh-Penang trip 6th-9th Feb

The day after the exams, Tracey, Ya Peng, Koay Yan, Issac and I went to Ipoh. Issac went home, and the rest of us stayed in Tracey's house for the night.

The next day we went to eat Hakka Mee and the authentic Old Town White Coffee. I bought my addictive heong peng!!

At around noon, we started driving to Penang, to meet the guys, who left KL at 9 plus am. By the time we reached Wooi Jye's house in Penang, it was almost 3pm. The guys arrived a short while after, and we hung around for awhile more, before heading off to eat.



What we did on this trip can be basically summed up with... we ate ate ate and ate some more.


First stop : CENDOL!!!


The girls: Me, Ya Peng, Koay Yan, Tracey

The guys: Kenny, Kaiyik, Siew Bing and Wooi Jye

ice kacang!

REAL penang fried kway teow!!

String ray!!


We stayed at Seri Malaysia, and was shocked by the amount of mosquitoes in the room the first night. There were swarms of them, and we were forced to buy shieldtox. Die, mosquitoes, die!!!



On Sunday morning, we left for Butterworth and met up with Leaf. We had seafood!


This shop opens for seafood dishes in the day only, and due to previous experience, we arrived early and managed to eat a whole lot of damn good food.


It was Thaipusam on Sunday, and as we were caught in slow moving traffic, I took a photo of the passing procession. Cultural festivites still hold me fascinated. I guess I really am a true Malaysian at heart =p


We had dim sum for breakfast on Monday morning, and we ate SOOOOOO much. The bill however was so much cheaper than I expected.


Round 1


Round 2

Round 3

I left Penang that morning, on a flight back to Kota Kinabalu.


In Penang airport

It was a fun trip, albeit the scorching hot sun. I am now back in KK, Sabah being a lazy bum =p

No comments: