Thursday, May 14, 2009

A year ago down memory lane

Yesterday a year ago....

Elizabeth, Dominic, Zhen Han. Meiyi, Eric. Pretib, Boey, Ronnie.
Young Entreprenuer's awards finals
The day we WON the trip to HONG KONG!!!!!!!

It has been a whole freaking year since then!!! Since the busiest ever time of my life. The most stressful, yet the most fulfilling. The finals of the Malaysian HSBC Young Entrepreneur's awards marked the end of my crazily busy period, juggling exam finals, public speaking, scholarship applications, this business plan thing (and a social life lol coz it was the last semester of diploma, and some people were going off to a different uni), after this day, I finally could start resting. It was thus followed by a long period of bumming around haha. I found the blog post on just how busy I was. I am so so so so proud of myself that I did make it work. =) It shows that any average person can do ANYTHING as long as we set our minds to it.

But this is not a blog post about me. This is a blog post about other people. I am really really grateful to all the people who supported and encouraged me at that time. Without your support, I wouldn't have done as well as I did. Without your support, I wouldn't have that much strength to pull through. Without your support, I would not have been able to find the confidence that made that much of a difference. Without your support, I doubt I would have been able to do all that. You know who you are. =) My friends, my family, and also the few lecturers that gave me the moral support I needed. I would blog about you too, but not today. =) soon, soon.

First and foremost of course the BEST EVER TEAMMATE!!!! Eric... creative, enthusiastic, smart, and produces the highest quality work ever!! (apart from me hahaha). Thank you for the moral support during this time with all my other endeavours, and it was awesome working with you my dear competition friend. Your enthusiasm and spirit kept mine up. TEAM SPIRIT =) Now in Wales, this soon to be lawyer I am so so so so so so proud to call my friend. Never would there be another competition friend like Eric. =)

Next....

Not to play favourites hehe but the truth was... the hong kong trip that followed in June was probably one of the best times of my life because of......

THE BRONZE TEAM =)

Pretib. Ah, the memories =) Pretib is a really nice guy, always with something sweet to say (or at least to me hahahahahahah) =p Remember when we were going back to KL Sentral from the airport after coming back from hong kong? lol coz Pretib was dragging my luggage bag for me everywhere i TOTALLY forgot to get my bag when I got off the train hahaha. If he didn't say "where's your luggage", I don't know when would I finally realise. hehe probably that's an after effect of the last night in hong kong, hmmm? =p

Ronnie!!! The entertainer hahaha. You will never, ever, ever get bored around Ronnie. He's a very easy person to get along with, a really nice person too. It was so fun posing for all those photographs!!! We were crazy for the camera in hong kong, don't ask me why, but that was just so much fun!!!

Boey!!! lol it's a highly unflattering photo, but I find it so funny. Boey almost never just smiles at the camera, he makes all sorts of faces. LOL I bet almost all the photos I have of him in my camera are all funny faces. x_x Just so happened that both the depart and return flights he sat beside me, so it was a nice way to get to know a then-new friend =)

And of course not forgetting....

Andrew!!! He's the organiser for the Malaysian portion of the competition, and let me tell you, Hong Kong was damn fun coz our chaperone (him) was a really fun person to be around. He wasn't LIKE an organiser, all stiff and formal, but he was really one of us. And he did such a wonderful job as an organiser too. =)

Ee Loo from the Star. =) Ee Loo LOVES SaSa!!!! And clubbing =p hehehehe Sweet, sweet person she is... and we had so much fun!!!. Ee Loo will NOT take a photo without putting on lip gloss first. hahahaha

The Malaysian Contingent

2 comments:

Eric Lee said...

Hey Meiyi, I knew you would pull through the PSC, YEA, and everything else; after all, you're 'Meiyi'! HK was the best experience ever; definitely worth the effort. Its always a pleasure to work with you cuz you're able to grasp my slightly unconventional ideas, and I can sort of decipher your random comments. I suppose great minds think alike. Or maybe fools seldom differ? Either way, we make a great team! =)

Meiyi said...

hehe yup yup =) I'd rather go with the "great minds think alike" hahahaha unconventional + random = unique :) thnx 2 ur support hehe if it weren't for u i don't think i would have even joined either competition, i wouldn't even have known about them