Saturday, April 26, 2008

And exams are ... OVER!!! WHeeEE =)

April 25th 2008. 4pm marks the end of my diploma course. Two years of hard work. Two years of chemistry, biology and mind boggling maths. Two years in KL, the city they told me was "dangerous". Two years worth of experiences, messed up sleep and weird eating habits, of friendship, of laughter, and of tears (well not much). As the invigilator says "pens down" a mixed feeling sweeps over me. Has two years just gone by in a blink of an eye? How many in this room will still be here next semester? How long more will I be here? How much will things change? What will the future bring? Would those who are leaving still be close to us? Would those who are staying ironically drift apart?

I remember once, just before I came here, I made a very quick and last minute decision to enrol in this college. A friend jokingly said, "...." *Pauses* I thought I would remember but I forgot what he said =( I forget so many things in the past. Things that meant something to me. Things that I thought I would never forget. Alas, time and tide washes away some memories that are not encrusted in black and white. I guess people move on and new things leave the old memories locked away in the recesses of the mind. Maybe even irretrievable. Sad as it sounds.

I think I am supposed to be happy. Exams are over. But honestly, this round of final exams didn't feel like an exam period. I just started really studying for today's paper yesterday. And fell asleep along the way. It was a good thing it was an afternoon paper, so I tried to cram some facts today. I think I did ok for last minute work though. =D If I were to put in this kind of effort for the past two years, I would probably never ever be eligible for a scholarship. lol. Now that it's over, it just feels like another day. No more feeling. I guess that is what they mean by desensitization. Too much of something and you just don't feel it anymore.

Oh well, now I am just killing time. Got loads more to do, the two competitions to prepare for. However, I think I deserve this short couple of hours break. Going to go to KLCC Kim Gary for dinner with coursemates and after that head over to Maison's. yay =) something to look forward to. I'm feeling very calm and quiet right now. For once in months, my mind is just void of thoughts. I think it is a good sign. Or it could just mean that my mind is overtired, and it has turned stupid :P I sure hope not though.

No comments: