Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Guitar strings

My neglected strings.. today I took out the guitar that has been collecting dust under my bed and lovingly strummed and plucked its strings.

This photo was taken a whole year and the half ago, back when I was extra enthusiastic about learning how to play. Today, my fingers have softened and the nerves are as sensitive as it was before I picked up the guitar. Just strumming for half an hour, the pitch a bit out because I cannot tune it back in tune without my tuner (so lousy lah me) hurts my fingers. Yet again I feel the same old satisfaction of how the slight numbing of the tips of my fingers coupled with the sweet sound of the strings comfort me. Who cares if it is a few notches out of tune. Just reminiscing the times of fervent enthusiasm. Where has that gone to?

No comments: