Saturday, December 6, 2008

Caffeine

I seriously take in too little caffeine. A tall ice-blended java chip coffee from starbucks, and a cup of green tea from sushi king, and I am so awake that I simply cannot sleep. I drank all of that hours ago!

It was a most productive Friday. After hours of classes, I went to jusco and spent a few hours in starbucks doing genetics, then headed to klcc to watch Bolt. Usually Fridays will be days where I bum around and do absolutely nothing, but it feels pretty good today. At least some work does get completed.

My english presentation will be on "laughter, the best medicine." She insisted on something science-y, and that's as far as I can deviate from our usual routine stuff. As ironic as it might seem yesterday, laughing today does help a lot. =) Will need to think of a way to approach the topic and turn it into a persuasive presentation with some scientific evidence. Hmph, what a whole load of requirements. Why can't we just do something more creative?

Yuvan's speech was replayed in my head today as I sat in the lrt on the way to klcc. In his speech, John had two choices, whether to be positive or negative in every situation, and he always chooses to be optimistic. I guess I'm taking a leaf out of that book.

And also out of my own speech last year. Of cornflakes, trees and sunlight. Life is beautiful, if only we SEE IT THAT WAY. I quote me "Don't be like a fish in the ocean searching for water, and failing to see that it's all around till it becomes a fish out of water. Life is a gift. Treasure it."

Even the short lrt ride of 15 minutes, when those thoughts coursed through my mind, it was productive.

All in all, had been a good day. I think putting my hair up in a bun was more than just a spontaneous act. It was a mark of change of attitude and perception. I think I bounce back relatively fast right now. Proud of myself =)

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. I went for a free yoga trial class yesterday, and I found out that I am actually a lot more flexible than I ever thought I was. lol. In a way it was fun.

No comments: