Saturday, December 13, 2008

My phone

My phone elicits much laughter, which in some twisted way I quite enjoy. Anyway, the short but true life story of my phone goes like this.

Epidsode 1:

A few weeks ago, my phone stopped ringing. As in, there was no ring tone when calls came in. It had nothing to do with the mode and I did not mistakenly set it to silent mode and complain that it can't ring. It really couldn't ring.

So I relied on the phone vibrations to tell me when a call comes in or when a message comes through. That function too has a mood of its own. It will work most of the time, but when it feels like it, the vibration function goes into hibernation (which is around every alternate day, averagely).

Thus at times, my phone can neither ring nor vibrate. It stays on "silent mode" whether I like it or not.

Episode 2:

When I was walking to college, suddenly ka-plang-pling-plang! My handphone dropped onto the hard tar road. A portion of the casing flew out and I cursed under my breath.

Episode 3:

I was back in my room after a long day in college, and suddenly "deng deng deng deng". A MESSAGE TONE!!!!! Whoopee! My ringtone is back and has been awakened from hibernation mode after I dropped my phone on the road. Guess it didn't die after all.

Afterword

Well, the portion of the casing that flew off still has the tendency to drop out now and again, but at least it rings like a phone should.

You said you wanted a new phone??? x_x look who's talking. Someone else really NEEDS a new phone. *grins*

No comments: