Monday, December 1, 2008

Emcee day

Today has been a good day. =) This is probably the first time I have attended a public speaking competition not as a competitor. It's a bit nostalgic as I think back the previous experiences I had, both is secondary school and in college. I had fun being the emcee with David, and the speeches were enjoyable. Congrats Phraveen for clinching the best speaker award. You were top notch today! =) Simply awesome.

I am craving for something more than just living each day as it is. I am so free right now, albeit a heavy academic schedule. Ok, I have a huge stack of undone work, but still, something is missing. I need something to work for, something to pour my heart and soul into, and to reap satisfaction. I need a competition! And a full blown one that takes lots of hard work and sleepless nights. x_x

Was very cheerful all day, despite having just a few hours of sleep last night. A comment by a friend got me thinking. Life is short, the people around us will not be stagnant in the same way as time goes by. We have to seize each and every day and make it matter. For it is who is around us that shapes a huge part of what we are. Every short while, new people step into our lives, and every once in awhile we realise how much the people who are already a part of our lives mean.

"You are always cheerful" she said. Hardly so, but that sentence has a nice ring to it. I think I should be. It feels so much better this way.

No comments: