Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hong Kong Day 2

Day two in Hong Kong (15th June 2008) Sorry for taking ages! I've been so busy, I think I'll just upload the photos and caption them. =p

Breakfast was AWESOME!!!! A whole week of buffet breakfasts at Marco Polo. =D I have never eaten so many breakfasts in one stretch. lol


This is the only photo I took of breakfast that day. Pretib and I. LOL didn't take the food. Was there for a WHOLE WEEK and I forgot to take photos of the buffet breakfast spread. It was so so so so so so so so GOOD!

The Malaysian Contingent.
Ron, Dom, Pretib, Eric, Me, Boey, Ee Loo, Zhen Han, Elizabeth
Refreshed with a good night's sleep in the comfy comfy beds and ready to conquer Hong Kong!

We had a half day City Tour, and went to Mai Po Temple, Stanley Market and Victoria's Peak.

The view taken from inside the bus
Mai Po Temple :Elizabeth, me and Eric

With the Vietnamese team


Andrew, Me, Pretib, Ron and Dom in the bus


The tour guide was so entertaining!! We were all the way at the back of the bus where his voice was barely audible. But I strained to listen to his stories which were extremely interesting. I remember one about a man having a few wives, and since they fight all the time he built a house with the same number of floors as his number of wives, each for one wife, and different entrances. It was also pretty cool how he told us about the structure of a building where there is a hole in the middle and the reason for it. Damn, its been too long I forgot what the reason was, but it was a pretty cool feng shui explanation. Something about the building blocking something and thus they build a hole so that the good luck can come flowing in. Some people will brush it off as mere superstition, but I really find stories like this interesting. At least a part of me remains highly interested about my chinese culture and heritage. :P I think it's a good thing. Even if its about strange holes in buildings.


Heading toward's Victoria's peak and we bumped into........


JACKIE CHAN!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA okay so it's just a statue.. but STILL

Eric and I posing with Jackie Chan!!! ok ok statue statue. I know its JUST a statue! lol Let me syok sendiri a bit lah XD

I even pulled Bruce Lee's ear!

Winson Pretib Me

That's how we got up the steep slope to Victoria's peak


It was unfortunate that the day was rainy, so everything was covered in mist when we went up to Victoria's peak. nevertheless, since we were up there I took a photo =)

Hong Kong city (not it's best shot)

Up at Victoria's Peak


There were so many pedigree dogs around. Someone made a comment "Hong Kong people are very busy, so instead of having children they have dogs." LOL

I had some free time to wander around Victoria Peak's shops.Should have gotten those tshirts. I really did like them.


The Vietnamese girls :) We were rushing to get to the bus in time, and STILL could capture a photo.

What I like MOST about Hong Kong is......

TONG SHUI!
TONG SHUI!
TONG SHUI!


I think I became very well known for having constant cravings for tong shui. My cravings for this chinese desserts are just insatiable.

Hong Kong's food is so GOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

Hong Kong Streets all look like this. Exactly out of those Hong Kong drama series. What struck me as super typical Hong Kong was the policemen in light blue uniforms. When I saw them I just thought of the Jackie Chan movie with the baby. Don't ask me why haha.

That night the bronze team wanted to STUDY. The gold team had to practise for the next day's competition. And Eric says he wants to sleep! OMG. Like I will let him. Haha I did, for a short while, but after that I insisted that we go out, so we went to Mong Kok Street. It's this long stretch of street stalls. Which looked very impressive till we actually saw that the shops' contents are repeated every three or four stores. So much for variety. Eric was scolded by the vendor because he broke the most fundamental rule. Bargain and don't want to buy. Never ever do that in Mong Kok Street.


Mong Kok Street

After the incidence with the very aggressive auntie at the store, we decided it was time to find comfort food. We chanced upon a noodle shop, and we both ordered beef noodles.

This is the BEST EVER beef noodles. Yummy!!!! They were so generous with the beef, it was so tasty and tender and so absolutely perfectly deliciously awesomely good! It was comfort food to the max. Eric was pretty happy after the meal. Hehe the auntie probably didn't sneeze as much because he wasn't talking about her behind her back already. haha

We headed back to the hotel after walking around a short while more. End of day 2 in Hong Kong.

No comments: