Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rudely awakened

I just woke up, in spite of resolutions to wake up early this Sunday morning to fulfill my academic obligations. Shit-lah, supposed to study biochem. Been saying that since two freaking weeks ago. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen events in the middle of the night, my day starts at 2 pm today. =( Which is pretty damn annoying because I am always unproductive at the second half of the day, doesn't matter what time I get up.

In the middle of the freaking night at 4+ am I was awaken by agonising spasms in my stomach. Every few seconds my stomach felt like it was convoluting upon itself as gastric juice bites into the empty stomach walls. I have forgotten how painful it was to have gastric, and how un-ignorable the excruciating sensations were. I was so tired because I was after all, in the middle of my otherwise peaceful sleep, but trying to ignore the pain and go back to sleep was like trying to ignore being burnt by fire, only thing the burning is now inside of me, minus the flames. After awhile, I decided that it wasn't going to go away so I was forced to get up, boil some water and make myself a cup of oats. For those of you who have had gastric, you know that eating something will only make the pain so much worse before it gets better. Sure enough, the searing pain increased in magnitude, and it was hurting so badly that it could almost make me cry. I tried lying down in all sorts of ways, sitting down, standing up, tossing and turning and there was no single position where it was comfortable, or where it didn't feel so painful. Many a time, I was on my knees, doubled over with my hands over my head, gritting the pain. Never have I remembered another time when I was so craving for some drugs to take away the pain. I really felt like waking up my roommate to ask if she had some gastric medications but she looked like she was sleeping so peacefully, and I don't think she had any meds anyway. My ex-roommate might have, she always have stores of medications for any ailment possible at her fingertips. I never take drugs unless I really cannot stand it. And last night, it felt like the stomach-wrenching pains would last forever. My hands were cold, my cheeks were flushed, and my face contorted into unimaginable expressions as my the stomach acids kept up their torturous work. It was more than an hour before the pain finally toned down and I could get back to sleep.

It's bloody unfair. I've been trying to eat properly lately, have proper meals at proper times and not skip meals and what do I get? I get FAT and I get killing gastic pains in the middle of the freaking night. Sigh.

No comments: