Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dreams

Many have heard the outrageous dreams that I have.  The daydreams that strike me in the most random occasions.  When I close my eyes, they pour onto me fluidly, cascades of greatness, of luxury, of perfection so perfect they can be nothing else but fragments of imagination.  

Perhaps I am still young and ambitious, naive to the workings of the world.  I still live in a semi fairytale where dreams still seem reachable in the far distance.  Where all that has ever been done is possible, and nothing that hasn't been done is not impossible.  I still believe, I still do.  

And then this dreamer stumbles upon a poster posted somewhere online...

Hmmmm... 

Dreams are like rainbows.  When I was a little girl, I used to be captivated by rainbows.  I always thought that they were beautiful, faint merging hues softly blending into each other, translucent against a drizzling sky.   

Dreams are like rainbows.  Idiots merely chase them, but smart people capture them.

And I am no idiot.

No comments: