Monday, September 29, 2008

The kampung girl =p

Since I have nothing better to do, I decided to go about taking photographs around my house compound.  For your information, I live in the kampung (village).  Perhaps its the saturation of shopping malls and the like back in KL that makes this once-ordinary simple life seem distinctively noteworthy.

Even a photo like this becomes worth posing for =D

See what I found amongst the foliage.  A pitcher plant!  Bet you can't find something as exotic as that around your place.  

I did not take this from a tourist website online, but it is, if I may call it, a miniature waterfall just outside the fence surrounding the compound.  It is not man made, but purely a natural feature surrounded by lush greenery.  Note the ferns growing at the side.  The water we use in the house comes from the head of this stream.  I used to hang around this spot when I needed to clear my mind in the past.  Unfortunately by now, the foliage has gotten much denser and it has turned into a place which hordes plenty of insects including the dreaded mosquitoes.  Thus, after a quick snap of this picture at a perfect angle, off I go back into the surrounding fence.

We grow vegetables such as this lady's finger plant depicted in this photo.  Organically grown, meals can't get fresher than this.  Pluck it, wash it and cook it immediately.  Yummy!

My favourite fruit.. mango!!  Some of you know how I get those sudden mango cravings.  =p  Perhaps those are, in a way, just reminiscent of home.  Before, this mango plant was merely a foot tall, now it has turned into a proper fruit bearing tree.  Just my luck for it to be bearing fruits when I am back.

Suggestion of activities you can do around the compoud (which of course, I never do.  I'm just suggesting *grins*) :

Spend a night in the chicken coop.  (It never had any chickens.  It still doesn't! lol) 

Chop logs to barbeque wild animals

Climb the old durian tree, tallest of the trees.  I like how this tree casts a majestic silhouette against the early evening sky.  It used to be bare and leaf-less, yet recently, it decided to sprout green leaves to welcome me home. (perasan!)

And now presenting........

...............................

......................................................

...............................................................................



My house!!!!  Haha you can't get more authentically kampung than this

........................................

..........................................................

...........................................................................

Just kidding!



My real house.  Home sweet home =)

No comments: