Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home sweet home

After a long 7 months, I am back in my beloved rainforest city in the land below the wind.  That's Kota Kinabalu in Sabah to you.

After being in KL for over two years, I still find it absolutely hillarious how some people think we are still living in caves, or on trees.  I love KL for its shopping malls, my friends and the freedom I have living on my own.  But KK is the place I grew up in.  With the sea a brilliant deep blue green on sunshiny days against sandy white beaches and rolling mountain ranges in the backdrop, sometimes the view is breathtaking.  I didn't realise that until after staying away for awhile.  I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.  It feels awesomely good to be home.  My own bedroom seems so cozy and inviting, and I love the spacious feel the high ceiling gives.  =D  Home sweet home.  =)

No comments: